St Mary's Church, St Mary's Street, Quarry Hill, Leeds, 1966-1974. A view looking along St Mary's Street towards the church with scaffolding around partially demolished buildings in the foreground. St Mary's was constructed in 1823 as part of the Million Act, a scheme by which the Government provided a million pounds to fund new churches in urban areas. It was demolished c1980. The terraces that formerly lined the street had been demolished by the 1950s.