Back to thumbnails

'St. Olave's Church, in 1820', (c1878). Creator: Unknown.

'St. Olave's Church, in 1820', (c1878). Creator: Unknown.

2-699-382 - The Print Collector

          

'St. Olave's Church, in 1820', (c1878). The original St Olave's Church was dedicated to Olav Haraldsson (c 995-1030), an early King of Norway, and stood on Tooley Street near London Bridge in Southwark. This image shows the building dating from 1740 which was designed by Henry Flitcroft. It was damaged by a fire in 1843 and was demolished in 1926. From Old and New London: A Narrative of Its History, Its People, And Its Places. The Southern Suburbs, Volume VI, by Edward Walford. [Cassell, Petter, Galpin & Co., London, Paris & New York, c1878]


Details


Image Aliases

  1. 0580061479
  1. 2-699-382
  1. 2699382

Maximum Image Size

Pixel Dimensions (W x H) : 5256x3828
File Size : 58946kb

Image Information

Creator
  1. Unknown, attributed to: :
People Related
  1. Edward Walford: : Writer
  2. Henry Flitcroft: British, English: Architect
Picture Type
  1. Landscape
Geographic Hierarchy
  1. World
  2. --- Europe
  3. ------ United Kingdom
  4. --------- England
  5. ------------ Greater London
  6. --------------- London
  7. ------------------ Southwark
  8. --------------------- Southwark
  1. 51 30 00 N , 000 05 00 W

Buy a Print  
Back to top