Temple Church of St Mary, Inner Temple Lane, City of London, c1955-c1980. Detailed view of the round nave roof in Temple Church. The image focuses on the domed nave roof, which is divided into six segments, each with a round-headed window and arcade of six arches underneath. At the edges of the image are the tops of the arches that line the interior of the nave. The church was built by the Knights Templar between 1160 and 1185 and serves both Inner and Middle Temple. It was refurbished by Sir Christopher Wren, who added an organ to the church. Between 1947 and 1957 all of the Purbeck marble components were replaced and the interior of the church was refaced.