'Nelson's Monument, Calton Hill, Edinburgh', c1830. View of the the Nelson Monument in Edinburgh, Scotland, built 1807-1815 to commemorate Vice Admiral Horatio Nelson's victory over the French and Spanish fleets at the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805. The castellated tower was intended as a signal mast, attended by sailors who would live in the ground floor rooms, but by 1820 it was in use as a tea room.
Pixel Dimensions (W x H) : 3616x2307
File Size : 24,440kb