A group onboard sea sled 'Miss England', 1922. Creator: Kirk & Sons of Cowes.
2-695-935 - Kirk & Sons of Cowes/Heritage-ImagesTweet
Claude Grahame-White in his experimental 45-foot power sledge, 'Miss England', 3 Sept 1922. 'Miss England' was built of wood by the Cowes firm of S.E. Saunders in 1921. Claude Grahame-White (1879 - 1959) was an English pioneer of aviation, and the first to make a night flight, during the Daily Mail-sponsored 1910 London to Manchester air race.
Maximum Image SizePixel Dimensions (W x H) : 6129x4322
File Size : 25869kb
- Kirk & Sons of Cowes, attributed to: British; English: Photography Studio
- Claude Grahame-White: British: aviator
- William Umpleby Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- Arthur Henry Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- Edgar WP Kirk: British; English: Photographer
Buy a Print