The cutter 'Shamrock' beating to windward. Creator: Kirk & Sons of Cowes.
2-695-767 - Kirk & Sons of Cowes/Heritage-ImagesTweet
The cutter 'Shamrock' beating to windward. 'Shamrock', designed by William Fife, was Sir Thomas Lipton's first (1899) challenger to the America's Cup. She was 128 ft overall length and carried 13,492 sq ft of canvas.
Maximum Image SizePixel Dimensions (W x H) : 5814x4764
File Size : 27049kb
- Kirk & Sons of Cowes, attributed to: British; English: Photography Studio
- William Umpleby Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- Arthur Henry Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- Edgar WP Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- William Fife: British, Scottish: Yacht Designer
- Thomas J Lipton: British, Scottish: Businessman, merchant, and yachtsman
Buy a Print