Liberty's motor launch alongside 'Liberty', 1914. Creator: Kirk & Sons of Cowes.
2-695-227 - Kirk & Sons of Cowes/Heritage-ImagesTweet
Liberty's motor launch alongside 'Liberty', 1914. 'Liberty' was built for Joseph Pulitzer in 1908. Designed by George Lennox Watson she was one of the largest private yachts of her day. She served as a Royal Navy hospital ship during World War I. 'Liberty' was especially fitted with ramps and soundproofing due to Pulitzer's blindness and extreme sensitivity to noise, and was nicknamed The Tower of Silence.
Maximum Image SizePixel Dimensions (W x H) : 6150x4356
File Size : 26162kb
- Kirk & Sons of Cowes, attributed to: British; English: Photography Studio
- Arthur Henry Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- Edgar WP Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- William Umpleby Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- Joseph Pulitzer: Hungarian, American: publisher, newspaper editor
- George Lennox Watson: Scottish: Naval Architect
- Ramage & Ferguson Ltd: Scottish: Shipbuilders, Leith
Buy a Print