The hydroplane 'Izme' under way, 1913. Creator: Kirk & Sons of Cowes.
2-695-199 - Kirk & Sons of Cowes/Heritage-ImagesTweet
The hydroplane 'Izme' under way, 1913. 'Izme' was built for Albert Vickers to take part in the British International Trophy (Harmsworth Trophy) event held at Osborne Bay in September 1913. She was built by Sam Saunders in Cowes and was driven by two 150 hp Wolseley engines.
Maximum Image SizePixel Dimensions (W x H) : 5376x3972
File Size : 20853kb
- Kirk & Sons of Cowes, attributed to: British; English: Photography Studio
- William Umpleby Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- Arthur Henry Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- Edgar WP Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- Vickers: British: Aircraft manufacturers
- Albert Vickers: British: Chairman of Vickers Ltd
- Wolseley Motors Ltd: British: Car manufacturer
- Sam Edward Saunders: British: Boatbuilder
Buy a Print