'HMY Britannia' before being sunk, July 1936. Creator: Kirk & Sons of Cowes.
2-695-116 - Kirk & Sons of Cowes/Heritage-ImagesTweet
'HMY Britannia' before being sunk, July 1936. After Britannia had been stripped of her spars and fittings, her hull was towed out to St Catherine's Deep near the Isle of Wight, and she was sunk by HMS Winchester. This marked the end of big yacht racing in Europe.
- No 5156
Maximum Image SizePixel Dimensions (W x H) : 5587x3924
File Size : 21410kb
- Kirk & Sons of Cowes, attributed to: British; English: Photography Studio
- William Umpleby Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- Arthur Henry Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- Edgar WP Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- George Lennox Watson: Scottish: Naval Architect
- King George V: British: King, emperor
Buy a Print