The launch of 'Shamrock IV' with H.M.S. Victory in the background, May 1914. Creator: Kirk & Sons of Cowes.
2-694-992 - Kirk & Sons of Cowes/Heritage-ImagesTweet
The launch of 'Shamrock IV' at Gosport with H.M.S. Victory in the background, May 1914. 'Shamrock IV' was a yacht owned by Sir Thomas Lipton and designed by Charles Ernest Nicholson. She was the unsuccessful challenger in the 1920 America's Cup.
Maximum Image SizePixel Dimensions (W x H) : 5946x4252
File Size : 24690kb
- Kirk & Sons of Cowes, attributed to: British; English: Photography Studio
- William Umpleby Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- Arthur Henry Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- Edgar WP Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- Thomas J Lipton: British, Scottish: Businessman, merchant, and yachtsman
- Charles Ernest Nicholson: British: Yacht Designer
Buy a Print