Wolseley launch, 1914. Creator: Kirk & Sons of Cowes.
2-694-925 - Kirk & Sons of Cowes/Heritage-Images
Wolseley launch, 1914. The Wolseley Motors company, a British motor vehicle manufacturer founded in early 1901 by Vickers, also built marine power-units for a variety of watercraft. At first engines for launches were made in partnership with the well-known manufacturers, the Teddington Launch Works, to supply the launches. Demand for marine engines grew and Wolseley also designed and manufactured engines for hydroplanes, cruisers, passenger ferries and lifeboats. Many of the larger vessels were built by S. E. Saunders Ltd., at Cowes, Isle-of-Wight.
Maximum Image SizePixel Dimensions (W x H) : 4944x3429
File Size : 16556kb
- Kirk & Sons of Cowes, attributed to: British; English: Photography Studio
- William Umpleby Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- Arthur Henry Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- Edgar WP Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- Wolseley Motors Ltd: British: Car manufacturer
- 50 47 00 N , 001 17 00 W
Buy a Print