Osborne House, East Cowes, Isle of Wight, c1990-2010. An exterior view of the Clock Tower, the Main Wing and the Pavilion from the South East. A former royal residence in East Cowes, Isle of Wight, built between 1845 and 1851 for Queen Victoria and Prince Albert as a summer home and rural retreat. Designed in the style of an Italian Renaissance palazzo, built by Thomas Cubitt. Grade II listed and under the care of English Heritage.