'HMY Victoria and Albert' and the Russian Imperial Yacht 'Standart' at Cowes, 1909. Creator: Kirk & Sons of Cowes.
2-698-603 - Kirk & Sons of Cowes/Heritage-ImagesTweet
'HMY Victoria and Albert' and the Russian Imperial Yacht 'Standart' at Cowes, 1909. 'Standart' was built by order of Emperor Alexander III of Russia, and constructed at the Danish shipyard of Burmeister & Wain, being launched in 1895. The yacht is seen here at Cowes when the Russian Imperial family made a visit to England staying on the Isle of Wight for Cowes Week.
Maximum Image SizePixel Dimensions (W x H) : 6114x4493
File Size : 26827kb
- Kirk & Sons of Cowes, attributed to: British; English: Photography Studio
- Arthur Henry Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- Edgar WP Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- William Umpleby Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- Tsar Nicholas II: Russian: Tsar of Russia
- Alexander III: Russian: Emperor
- Queen Victoria: British: Queen of Great Britain and Ireland, artist
- Prince Albert: German: Prince Consort
- William Henry White: British: Warship designer and Chief Constructor at the Admiralty.
- --- Europe
- ------ United Kingdom
- --------- England
- ------------ Isle of Wight
- --------------- Cowes
- 50 46 00 N , 001 18 00 W
Buy a Print