Prince Edward at the Royal Naval College, Osborne, Isle of Wight, c1909. Creator: Kirk & Sons of Cowes.
2-695-293 - Kirk & Sons of Cowes/Heritage-ImagesTweet
Prince Edward standing in front of the officers' quarters of the Royal Naval College, Osborne, Isle of Wight, c1909. The prince in naval cadet's uniform at the college where he spent two years. The eldest son of King George V, Edward (1894-1972) was invested as Prince of Wales in 1911. He succeeded his father as king in 1936 but only ruled from 20 January 1936 until 11 December 1936 before abdicating in order to be with the woman he loved, an American divorcee called Wallis Simpson.
Maximum Image SizePixel Dimensions (W x H) : 4206x5976
File Size : 24546kb
- Kirk & Sons of Cowes, attributed to: British; English: Photography Studio
- King Edward VIII: British: King of Britain
- William Umpleby Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- Arthur Henry Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- Edgar WP Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- 50 40 00 N , 001 20 00 W
Buy a Print