The Duchess of York aboard 'HMY Victoria and Albert', 1933. Creator: Kirk & Sons of Cowes.
2-695-189 - Kirk & Sons of Cowes/Heritage-ImagesTweet
The Duchess of York aboard 'HMY Victoria and Albert', 1933. Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon (1900-2002), the future queen consort to King George VI, on board the royal yacht 'Victoria and Albert'. She became Queen Mother on the birth of her daughter Princess Elizabeth (who became Queen Elizabeth II). 'HMY Victoria and Albert', launched in 1899, was a steamship used by the royal family, particularly for their trips to their summer home, Osborne House, on the Isle of Wight.
Maximum Image SizePixel Dimensions (W x H) : 4571x6098
File Size : 27221kb
- Kirk & Sons of Cowes, attributed to: British; English: Photography Studio
- Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother: British: Queen of Britain, monarch
- William Umpleby Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- Arthur Henry Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- Edgar WP Kirk: British; English: Photographer
Buy a Print