The Princess of Wales with Prince Edward and Prince Albert, Barton Manor, Isle of Wight, 1909. Creator: Kirk & Sons of Cowes.
2-695-164 - Kirk & Sons of Cowes/Heritage-ImagesTweet
The Princess of Wales with her sons, Prince Edward and Prince Albert, in front of the Queen's Entrance to Barton Manor, Isle of Wight, 1909. The future Queen Mary (1867-1953) with her sons in naval cadets' uniforms. Edward, the eldest son of Queen Mary and King George V, Edward (1894-1972) was invested as Prince of Wales in 1911. He succeeded his father as king in 1936 but only ruled from 20 January 1936 until 11 December 1936 before abdicating in order to be with the woman he loved, an American divorcee called Wallis Simpson. His brother Prince Albert (1895-1952) took the throne in his stead and was crowned King George VI.
Maximum Image SizePixel Dimensions (W x H) : 3801x4791
File Size : 53352kb
- Kirk & Sons of Cowes, attributed to: British; English: Photography Studio
- Queen Mary: German, British: Queen of Britain, Consort of George V
- King Edward VIII: British: King of Britain
- King George VI: British: King
- William Umpleby Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- Arthur Henry Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- Edgar WP Kirk: British; English: Photographer
- 50 40 00 N , 001 20 00 W
Buy a Print