Osborne House, East Cowes, Isle of Wight, 1900. Queen Victoria and Prince Albert bought Osborne House and its estate from Lady Isabella Blachford in 1845. In 1848, the old house was demolished to make way for a new three-storey pavilion with flagtower. Illustration from The Life and Times of Queen Victoria by Robert Wilson, Volume IV, (Cassell and Company, London, Paris, New York, Melbourne, 1900).
World Europe United Kingdom England Isle of Wight
Locations & Buildings Palaces & Stately Homes
Artistic Representations Landscapes
Pixel Dimensions (W x H) : 5161x3395
File Size : 51,333kb