The Royal Visit to the East End: the Queen declaring the new wing of the London Hospital open, 1876. 'The Duke of Cambridge, president of the hospital, the Archbishop of Canterbury, the Bishop of London, and the vice-presidents and treasurer of the hospital, with the Lord Mayor and Sheriffs, and the Secretary of State for the Home Department were in waiting to receive the Queen....The address of the governors was then presented to her Majesty by the Duke of Cambridge, as president, and in this document special stress was laid upon the almost unparalleled response which had been made to the appeal for funds for the enlargement of the building, resulting in a subscription of £90,000, of which £20,000 had been presented by the Grocers' Company, in acknowledgment of whose gift the wing had been named after the company'. From "Illustrated London News", 1876.
Pixel Dimensions (W x H) : 4960x3302
File Size : 47,983kb