Lords Cricket Ground, Harris Garden, St John's Wood, City of Westminster, Greater London Authority, 2010. The engraved tablet commemorating Lord Harris in the Harris Garden at Lord's Cricket Ground. The Harris Garden was built by the Marylebone Cricket Club in 1934 in memory of George Robert Canning Harris, Governor of Bombay and amateur cricketer. The tablet on the west wall of the garden reads "Erected to the memory of George Robert Canning, Lord Harris, 1851-1932, by the MCC in recognition of the invaluable services rendered to cricket and to the club over a period of more than fifty years. He was a great cricketer, a great gentleman and a wise counsellor whose enthusiasm for the game never waned."
World Europe United Kingdom England Greater London London City of Westminster Westminster
Lifestyle & Leisure Sport & Pastimes
Pixel Dimensions (W x H) : 3571x2507
File Size : 26,229kb