Jesmond Dene Real Tennis Club, Matthew Bank, Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne, 2010. A match of real tennis in play on the court in Jesmond Dene Real Tennis Club, Newcastle upon Tyne. The tennis court was built for Sir Andrew Noble in 1894 to the designs of Frank West Rich. The building was used by the Noble family and guests until it was bequeathed to the city of Newcastle in around 1932. Jesmond Dene Real Tennis Club was subsequently formed, although only badminton was played in the building between 1939 and 1981.
Pixel Dimensions (W x H) : 3136x2352
File Size : 21,609kb