Kings Hall Leisure Centre, Lower Clapton Road, Lower Clapton, Hackney, Greater London Authority, 2008. The front, Lower Clapton Road elevation of the Kings Hall Leisure Centre, originally Hackney Baths. Hackney Baths were designed by Edward Harnor and Frederick Pinches, and were built in 1894-1897. The building housed a main pool, originally a men's first class pool also known as King's Pool. The men's second class pool was later converted into a dance studio and fitness suite, and the ladies' pool became a sports hall. Steam baths were installs in the 1930s. Despite alterations, the interior of the baths retain many original features.
Pixel Dimensions (W x H) : 3136x2352
File Size : 21,609kb