Liverpool City Council, Wavertree One Stop Shop, Picton Road, Wavertree, Liverpool, 2006. A specially commissioned piece of Pilkington faience work depicting a liver bird, the symbol of Liverpool, in the entrance hall of the former Picton Road Baths, Wavertree. The Picton Road Baths were opened in May 1906. The building was designed by Borough Engineer WR Court and built at a cost of £24,000. Internally, glazed tiling and faience work were supplied by the Pilkington Tile & Pottery Company of Clifton, Lancashire. The swimming pools were closed in 1994 and the entrance block was later converted into a One Stop Shop for Liverpool City Council. Known as Wavertree One Stop Shop, it opened in 2005 and closed in around 2020. The building is Grade II Listed.
World Europe United Kingdom England Merseyside Liverpool Wavertree
Pixel Dimensions (W x H) : 1920x2560
File Size : 14,400kb