Jame Masjid and Community Centre, Green Lane, Small Heath, Birmingham, 2005. The relief sculpture on the gable end of the library block of the former Small Heath Public Library and Baths, with figures symbolising Learning, Knowledge and Study. The complex was the first in which the Free Libraries and the Baths Committees agreed to combine sites. It was built in 1893-1902 in a Gothic-Jacobean style. The library was housed in the west, apex of the site, the focus of which was the clocktower. The larger, east section of the site housed the public baths: first and second class baths flanking a wash-house and service block. The building closed in around 1977 and was later used as a Muslim community centre and mosque.
World Europe United Kingdom England West Midlands Birmingham Small Heath
Locations & Buildings Places of Worship
Lifestyle & Leisure Sport & Pastimes
Pixel Dimensions (W x H) : 2560x1920
File Size : 14,400kb