"Middleton Place," John Julius Pringle Smith house, 4300 Ashley River Road, Charleston, Dorchester County, South Carolina, 1928. House Architecture: Original house burned in 1865; a 1755 guest quarters converted to the family house. Landscape: Gardens first planted in 1791 by Henry Middleton; restored by John Julius Pringle Smith, a Middleton descendent, and Heningham Ellett (Mrs. J. Pringle Smith) in the 1920s.
Pixel Dimensions (W x H) : 6147x4900
File Size : 88,244kb