A view from the spire of the Cathedral Church of Saint Michael, looking in a north-east direction over the construction site of the new Coventry Cathedral, with the ruins of the old cathedral in the foreground and the city of Coventry beyond. The photograph shows the construction of the new Coventry Cathedral, designed by Basil Spence in 1951 and constructed between the mid-1950s and 1962. It replaced the ruined Cathedral Church of St Michael which had been badly damaged by bombing in 1941. The photograph was taken to show progress on the construction of the cathedral including the concrete roof and the construction of the Chapel of Unity which was now at roof level.
Pixel Dimensions (W x H) : 6620x5254
File Size : 33,967kb