View of Her Majesty the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh at the foundation stone laying ceremony of Coventry Cathedral. Following the bombing of Coventry Cathedral in November 1940, a competition was launched in 1950 to find a design for a new cathedral. The winning design was by Sir Basil Spence (1907-1976) from one of over 200 designs submitted. Building work took place between the mid-1950s and 1962. Queen Elizabeth II laid the foundation stone on 23th March 1956.
Pixel Dimensions (W x H) : 6024x7384
File Size : 43,439kb