Arch at Wolthorpe, 1844. A '...splendid triumphal arch erected at the expense of the Marquis of Exeter. There were spires to the turrets which formed the sides of the arch, and in the centre the Royal arms...'. Spectators turn out to see Queen Victoria at Wolthorpe in Northamptonshire. The arch was erected in her honour, to welcome her during her stay at nearby Burghley House. From "Illustrated London News", 1844, Vol V.
Pixel Dimensions (W x H) : 4960x3701
File Size : 53,781kb