Borough Council Offices, Wallace Green, Berwick-upon-Tweed, Northumberland, c1955-c1980. Street view of Wallace Green, seen from the north at a high vantage, most likely from the defence wall, showing the former Berwick Court House and Prison, now offices, and St Andrew's Church, joined with the Church of Scotland, both on the left. The image shows the front elevation of the former Court House and prison, built in 1846-1849 and designed by Thomas Brown, and altered in 1891-1892 to change the building to accommodate offices. It has been designed in the Tudor-Jacobean style. Further in the background is St Andrew's Church, which joined with the Church of Scotland in the 20th century, and was constructed in 1858-1859. The large spire is situated behind the roof in the background.