Assembly in the playground, Jews' Free School, Stepney, London, 1908. Boys lined up for a mass assembly in the school playground. The Jews' Free School opened as a Talmud Torah at the Great Synagogue in 1732. Originally a charity school for fifteen poor orphan boys it grew to become the largest Jewish School in Britain. Between 1880 and 1890 one third of all Anglo-Jewish children were educated there. The school is now called the JFS Comprehensive.
Pixel Dimensions (W x H) : 3468x2811
File Size : 28,561kb