Citadel and Mohammed Ali Mosque, Cairo, Egypt, late 19th or early 20th century. Cairo's citadel was begun by Salah ad-Din (Saladin) in the 12th century but the fortifications were repeatedly added to and extended over the centuries that followed. The mosque was built between 1830 and 1857 by order of Mohammed Ali Pasha, Khedive of Egypt. It is also known as the Alabaster Mosque because of the extensive use made of the material in the building's construction.
Pixel Dimensions (W x H) : 4637x3787
File Size : 51,447kb