HMS 'Duke of Wellington' firing a Royal Salute as flagship at Portsmouth, Hampshire, 1896. Powered by both sail and steam, the 'Duke of Wellington' was a 131 gun first-rate ship of the line launched in 1852. She was intended to be named the 'Windsor Castle' but was renamed in honour of the Duke of Wellington, who died on the day she was launched. She replaced HMS 'Victory' as flagship of the Port Admiral of Portsmouth in 1869. A print from The Navy and Army Illustrated, 17th April 1896.
Pixel Dimensions (W x H) : 3482x4996
File Size : 50,966kb